1) I organised a webinar on the Task-based approach for the Stagiaires de Nouméa at 8pm Thursday the 12th of July 2018. This was tied up with a unit plan that the Stagiaires will deliver in their classroom when they come back after their New Caledonian Stage. More to come with photos and videos and resources!
2) Here is the first webinar (seminar on the internet) on my interpretation of the Task-Based approach for language teachers of NZ: MONDAY THE 27TH OF AUGUST 2018 FROM 8 TO 8:30 PM.
Click here to have access at 8pm on Monday the 27th of August 2018: https://auckland.zoom.us/j/356176930
Depending on your computer, it may ask you to open or download something. Please do it. Thank you.
For this first webinar, it will be about HOW TO SET UP A MEANINGFUL END PRODUCT RIGHT FROM THE START.
It is the first of a series of 10 webinars.
They will happen every fortnight on a Monday night until the end of the school year.
They will last 1/2 hour each time from 8 to 8:30 pm. Even if the Zoom link indicates 1 hr, I will end the webinar after 30 mns.
They will be in English as I would like teachers of all levels to be able to understand me. Maybe you won’t be able to understand me because of my English, ha, but that’s another issue altogether! Anyway, it’s open to all, junior teachers as well as senior teachers, all languages, so spread the word around if you don’t mind.
The webinars will be recorded so if you are missing one, it will be available to you in this Google folder here:
At this stage, the topics of the 10 webinars look as follows. They may be subject to change.
- A meaningful end product
- Scaffolding in the priming stage
- Cooperative tasks for the main task stage
- Focus on form 1: implicit introduction
- Focus on form 2: games to work on focus on form
- Focus on form 3: write own rule and find similar focus in previous notes
- Back in the main task: how to recast
- How to do full immersion
- Other important techniques throughout: 3 Cs, bridge a gap, , …
Click here to have access to Webinar 1 on the Task-Based approach on Monday the 27th of August 2018 at 8pm: https://auckland.zoom.us/j/356176930