When you have an issue with a student in your class, here is a way to deal with it: use the restorative process.
When you send out a student in the corridor because of an unhelpful behaviour, here are some questions you can give him/her on a laminated cue card.
Send him/her out with the laminated cue card to give him/her time to think about his/her answers before talking to you.
1) What happened?
2) What were you thinking at the time?
3) What have you thought about since then?
4) Who do you think has been affected by what you did? In what way?
5) What do you need to do to make things right? How can we make sure this doesn’t happen again? What can I do to help you?
- Try the restorative process because it is so effective